25 October 2020
  • 12:47 am Watch SAMAA TV Headlines | 12am | October 25 | Pakistan
  • 11:47 pm Eight people kills in Jhelum road accident: Dumper and Van Clashes
  • 10:47 pm 18 killed in IS attack at Kabul education centre
  • 10:02 pm Quetta bans pillion riding ahead of PDM jalsa
  • 10:02 pm Karachi AIG tests positive for coronavirus
Choose Language
 Edit Translation
Spread the News

The process to apply for birth, death, marriage and divorce certificates in cantonment board areas isn’t difficult but applicants often fall prey to agent mafias who charge them exorbitant amounts for processes that otherwise cost a pittance.

var playerInstance = jwplayer(“jwp-outstream-unit”);
SAMAA Digital explains here how to get birth, death,
marriage and divorce certificates in cantonment board areas in Pakistan.

The legal fee for each of these certificates is Rs300.

How to apply

Cantonment area residents who want any of these certificates should visit the CBCare offices which are located at each cantonment board office.

You will get a form from the office and need to fill it in.
It doesn’t need to be attested by any government officer.

For birth certificates these documents should be attached
with the form:

A birth certificate from
the hospital where the baby was bornThe father’s CNIC photocopyThe mother’s CNIC photocopy
The applicant needs to submit the form along with the
required documents at the CBCare office and the birth certificate will be issued
in five working days.

Cantonment boards issue all certificates in five working
days and applicants can pick them up at the same CBCare office where they submitted
the application.

But there are some things you should be aware of. If a
couple resides outside the jurisdiction of the cantonment board but their child
was born at a hospital within the jurisdiction of the board, they will get the
birth certificate made from the cantonment board.

For example, if the couple live in Gulshan-e-Iqbal in
Karachi and their child is born at the National Medical Center, they can apply
for baby’s birth certificate at the Cantonment Board Clifton.

The same is the case for death certificates. To obtain a death
certificate, the applicant must get an NOC from rest of the deceased’s siblings
if they have any in order to authorise the applicant to apply for the death
certificate on their behalf.

For death certificates you need these things:

CNIC photocopies of all the
deceased’s siblingsAn NOC in which they allow
the applicant to get the death certificate on their behalfIn cantonment areas, clerics are registered with cantonment
boards. So if a registered cleric reads the nikkah of a couple at any other
place, they can apply for a marriage certificate from the cantonment board.

In the case of divorce certificates, the woman should be a resident
of a cantonment board area.

There is an arbitrator council where the divorce case is to
be referred and after hearing the case, it is finalised by the chairman of the
council and a supporting letter is issued which is to be used to get a divorce
certificate from the cantonment board.

Abdul Gh Lone