26 January 2021
  • 1:17 pm 24 coronavirus cases reported in Faisalabad schools
  • 1:02 pm Another suspect arrested in Lahore student’s death
  • 12:47 pm Petition Prepared against foreign funding of JUI-F
  • 12:32 pm Taapsee Pannu, others criticise India court ruling on sexual assault
  • 12:17 pm Usama Satti murder: Complete investigation in three days, instructs court
Choose Language
 Edit Translation
My-Ads
Spread the News

A Pakistan Army sepoy was martyred as India opened unprovoked fire at the Line of Control (LoC), the military’s media wing said in a statement Thursday, in what came as the latest ceasefire violation (CFV) by New Delhi.
In its statement, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said troops of the Indian Army “initiated unprovoked ceasefire violation along LOC in Dewa Sector” and, in a prompt response, Pakistan Army “inflicted heavy losses to [the] enemy in terms of men and material”.
“In intense exchange of fire, Sepoy Nabeel Liaqat, 28, resident of Gujar Khan embraced martyrdom while responding valiantly to the Indian unprovoked ceasefire violation,” the ISPR added.
Last week, two people were injured after Indian Army troops once again resorted to unprovoked ceasefire violation in Baroh and Khanjar sectors situated along the Line of Control (LoC).
“The Indian troops deliberately targeted the civilian population residing along the LoC with mortars and automatics,” ISPR said, adding that India has committed 38 ceasefire violations along the LoC since January 1.

Abdul Gh Lone

RELATED ARTICLES